A new year brings an opportunity for reflection. It's a good time to acknowledge the projects we've tackled, the product we've built, the team we've assembled, and the accomplishments that resulted from our efforts.
We're really proud of all that we’ve been able to do this past year. Here is a look back at some of our favorite moments of the past year!
Product News & Updates
- Launched Cal Sync + Face ID on Branch Messenger for iOS
- Launched the Branch Web Admin dashboard
- Launched Branch Assist, our on-site self-service solution that allows your employees to clock in, check their upcoming schedules, track and trade shifts, and request time off.
- Launched Shiftonomics, a newsletter about workplace trends and the future of work
- We continue to build and grow our product. We've seen over a 600% increase in active user growth over the last year.
- Moved to a new WeWork office in the Capella Tower and increased our headcount (Want to work for us? We're currently hiring!)
- Closed a Series A funding round led by Santa Monica-based March Capital Partners but also included Twin Cities firms and investors such as Matchstick Ventures.
- Named "Most Promising Minnesota Startup in 2017"
- Won the "Big Baller" Award at the 2017 Twin Cities Startup Week
- Named one of the 8 Minnesota startups to watch in 2018 by Minne Inno
- Appeared on Fox News Business to discuss the Branch App. Watch the clip here.
We’ve shared the spotlight with some incredibly talented teams from our home base in Minneapolis, Minnesota (Inspectorio, ilos, Inkit, Spot Crowd, and StoryXPress, to name a few). Along the way, we've been fortunate to be recognized in the burgeoning retail-tech scene that is shaping Minneapolis. You can check out some of these articles in OZY News, VentureBeat, and the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Last year, we also wrote about how important Minneapolis is to the company we're striving to build and why we relocated here from sunny Southern California. Just being close to the venerable institutions (3M, Target, Best Buy, United Health Group) that have helped define our region is one thing. To actively be part of the narrative that startups can assemble productive, smart teams away from the coasts, tap often overlooked verticals, and be close to their ideal customers is another.
We believe we're tackling both of those.
It's been a really wild and fantastic ride this past year. We are truly excited to continue building Branch Messenger in Minneapolis and look forward to an exciting 2018!
Check back tomorrow when we share our favorite Branch Blog Posts from the past year.