Branch Messenger already makes it super simple to manage employee schedules and swap shifts.
Now, it’s even easier for your employees to manage their schedule beyond Branch using their phone’s calendar.
In the newest update to Branch, your employees can now synchronize their schedule with Google Calendar or iCal.
To Update Branch, please click here>>
1) Click on the ‘Hamburger’ menu option (it looks like three horizontal lines)in the upper-left portion of your Branch Messenger app. Then, click on ‘Settings.’
2) Toggle the selector button until it turns green, enabling your Branch Messenger app to sync shifts.
3) When you get a notification asking for Branch to access your calendar, select ‘OK.’ This is just letting our app talk to your phone’s calendar so that we can let your shifts appear in both Branch and your phone’s calendar. You can always go back and update this setting at any time from your Settings menu.
4) Next, choose which calendar you’d like your shifts to appear. We like to put them in our “Work” calendar so we can keep our shifts separate from our personal calendar.
Pro Tip: If you want to keep a family member (or colleague) updated on your work schedule, you can always add them to your phone’s calendar and they’ll always be in the loop.
With this latest update, our iPhone X users can also log into the app using Apple’s Face ID. To log into Branch this way, here are the steps:
- Open Branch Messenger and go to your profile settings
- Enable Face ID with one click
- Going forward, glance at your iPhone X to sign in to your Branch Messenger account
To learn more about how Face ID works on your iPhone, refer to this FAQ from Apple.
What Else is New?
In addition to the calendar sync update, we’ve also squashed a few bugs in order to make the app stable and run smooth. If you’re happy with the experience, we’d love for you to take a moment to provide your thoughts and give us a rating so others can also benefit from Branch!